Friday, February 17, 2006

Sigur Ros

Yesterday I came home to an instant message on my computer from BA asking me about my favorite Sigur Ros album. I could talk about Sigur Ros all day. They’re one of my favorite bands. The answer to BA’s question is today’s album of the day.

February 17, 2006

Band: Sigur Ros

Album: Ágætis Byrjun

Favorite Track: Without question, my favorite track on this album is “Vidrar Vel Til Loftarasa.” This song is incredibly powerful. Clocking in at over 10 minutes, the song starts slow, but if that bothered you, you wouldn’t be listening to Sigur Ros. At 7:34 the song begins to build and swell until at 7:57 it literally explodes into a sonic masterpiece. The closest thing I can compare it to is like watching the sun rise. I STILL get goose bumps every time I hear it. I recommend you listen to this song for the first time with headphones. It will change your life. At least, it did mine.

Comment: Basically there are two types in this world: 1. Those who love Sigur Ros, and 2. Those who think it’s awful. In other words, this album might not be your cup of tea. However, if you want to enjoy an ambient masterpiece, I recommend it. It’s great for long drives.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sammy Pow said...

Great album of the day/week whatever... too bad I already had it. I like Takk a lot too. () isn't quite as good in my opinion. Good study music, makes you fell stoned, and that is what good music is all about.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Sammy Pow said...

You have neglected this blog for far too long.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home