Friday, January 27, 2006

Rocket From the Crypt

Welcome! I’m not what you would consider a man of many words. I never really seem to have anything that profound to say. And to top it off, I have the world’s worst vocabulary. But I do listen to music. A lot of music. I listen to music non-stop. I’m also the guy that will be obsessed with an album, listen to it 30 times in a row, and put it away for a year or so. Just the way I am. So for the time being, my blog will just be about the “Album of the Day.” Completely unoriginal, but it’s all I can contribute. I don’t really care if anyone reads, let alone contributes to the blog. If anything, it will help me keep track of what albums I have been neglecting.

I should also confess that I have an extreme fear of internet forums. The internet is great at turning a man weak in stature into a bully of words. Let’s keep it civil. Here we go:

January 27, 2006.

Band: Rocket from the Crypt

Album: Scream, Dracula, Scream!

Favorite Track: "Middle". The album might be worth it for this track alone. What a way to kick off an album.

Comment: Pure rock n roll. This might even be the album of the weekend.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sammy Pow said...

Seeing as one of my nicknames is the Muss, I certainly don't fall into the "man weak in stature" category. However, I've got nothin' negative to say. I need a place to go to find new tunes, I've been rollin' to wuss rock for too long. So don't stop rockin and don't stop bloggin.

3:38 PM  
Blogger melbo said...

Fast Lane?

10:32 PM  
Blogger TFL said...

Just to clarify to both of my readers, the nickname MUSS is a reference to MUSSLES. BA is very worthy of this nickname. The man is made of steel. I once threw him into a reinforced window in the halls of OHS. It cracked the window, but MUSS walked away without a scratch. With that said, it should be clear that BA is not weak in stature, nor is he a bully of words. He is a Vigilante of Words, always sticking up for the little guy.

BA – my blog will not always feature new music, just music that I am listening to at the time. I will do my best to throw in some new music here and there. A lot of my albums of the day might be total crap to the rest of the world. I thought I better throw that disclaimer in. I think I have pretty good taste though.

MELBO – Yes, it is I The Fast Lane. Have we met?

9:33 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

"Scream, Dracula Scream?" Sounds quite terrifying. And by terrifying I mean awful. and by awful I mean crap, pure crap. J/K but seriously why don't you just pull out some classic Neil Diamond? That should get you through not only one but many weekends to come.

3:09 PM  
Blogger TFL said...

Welcome Tara. Neil Diamond? I’ve been giving Neil rotations since the day I figured out how to work my parent’s 8 track in 1980. The Jazz Singer will always hold a special place in my heart. The first time I ever realized music could be sad (in contrast to all the stuff I was hearing from Sesame Street) was when I heard “Hello Again.” That was pretty deep stuff for a 3 year old. You’ve got me strolling down memory lane. I’m gonna throw it on right now.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

You wanna talk about sad music, let's talk about Lionel Richie. That guy has more sad songs than the blind crippled decaying guy singing for his food at the Saturday Morning Market. That's a lot of sad songs.

4:06 PM  
Blogger TFL said...

Welcome Lizzy. You’re right. Lionel Ritchie does have some sad songs. He also has some real live ones, including my karaoke staple: “All Night Long.” I always take a little liberty to add-lib “We’re going to party, KARATE, fiesta forever” in place of the original.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home