Monday, January 30, 2006

The Hellacopters

I need to give credit where credit is due. Probably half of all the music I am listening to these days comes from either Ian’s Ipod or his recommendation. Ian has had the good fortune of touring the world with different bands, and being exposed to a lot of different music. He always has something new for me. I got a care package from Ian last week full of swag from this year’s NAMM show. Included was a copy of today’s album of the day.

January 30, 2006

Band: The Hellacopters

Album: By the Grace of God

Favorite Track: "Rainy Days Revisited". This track not only offers amazing tone (I’m guessing Tele + Vox), but it feels so nostalgic. It gives me the same feeling I get when I listen to “Maggie May” and think: “man, Skip from Dogtown really got screwed!”

Comment: Scandinavians rock. Some of my favorite bands are from Scandinavia (Sigur Ros, Refused, Him, Turbonegro, to name a few.) This album is a great mesh of garage rock and classic rock. They pull it off nicely. Not to mention those vintage tones!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sammy Pow said...

In addition to the album of the week section of your blog, you should also keep us updated on your upcoming new solo project.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Sammy Pow said...

I also downloaded Rock & Roll is Dead by the Hellacopters... it's pretty good.

11:43 AM  
Blogger TFL said...

BA, I suppose I could throw in an update of my demo from time to time. Obviously, it is not close to being in the same league as the album of the day, but I will keep you up to date. While I’m at it I could keep you updated on my new diet. I’ve lost 5 lbs. this week, and hate life.

Glad you like the Hellacopters. I think you would really like some of the tracks off of By the Grace of God: “Rainy Days Revisited” (as mentioned above) and “Carry Me Home” is a killer rock track.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Sammy Pow said...

Well bro I was unable to locate that album. I checked both legally (itunes) and illegally (allofmp3.com) and neither of my sources had it. What do you want me to do now? Buy it with my own money? Sorry man, I don't have that kind of cash just laying around.

5:54 PM  
Blogger TFL said...

You know I got your back Muss. Check your gmail.

8:43 PM  
Blogger A | E said...

Yes, Ian can introduce you to some awesome bands...but once you introduce him to a band he's never heard of, be careful...years later, he'll claim that he introduced you - ah i love my brother but it sure bugs when he does that! How you doin' man?

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home